#84 – How Meditation Improves Your Memory
Memory problems plague us all as we grow older, none of us are immune to father time. Good thing for you, meditation has been scientifically proven as the best natural solution for both long and short term memory, here are 5 reasons why:
1. Meditation = Mind Strength Training: As we age, our mental capacity peaks and then begins to deteriorate. Using your mind to reach high levels of concentration & laser-like focus is central to meditation. When you do this, you are strengthening & exercising your mind, to keep it in incredible shape. When we meditate we work our mental muscle, prolonging the life of our brain, keeping us from suffering memory loss.
2. Meditation Slows the Aging Process: Stress, a huge factor in accelerated aging characteristics such as memory loss, is greatly reduced after beginning a meditation program. Indeed, many doctors and scientists believe meditation to be the elusive “fountain of youth” for both the body and brain.
3. Meditation taps into the untapped subconscious memory stores: Meditation can help you remember things that you may have already forgotten. With no place within your brain to discard memories, memory stays stored in your brain subconsciously, and only needs to be accessed.
Often, our tools for accessing memory are what we lose. Meditation is the very best way to harness the power of the subconscious mind, thereby retrieving seemingly long forgotten information, healthily & naturally.
4. Meditation stimulates memory associated brain regions: The major long term memory and short term memory storage centers, the Hippocampus and frontal brain lobe, both light up during meditation.
What does this mean for you? By flexing your memory muscle in meditation, your information storage mechanisms multiply, ensuring that your brain retains the ability to store new memories now, and as you age.
5. Meditation increases our focus: Often, when we have memory problems, they come from our lack of attentiveness to a certain subject, such as a person’s name. By being focused and in the moment, which is what meditation teaches us to be, we can better recall important details, because we actively store them as memory and assign them significance.
If you want to upgrade your memory, its clear that meditation is the most robust, highly tested, dynamic product on the market — with the benefits of meditation going far beyond the brain.
All Formats Available: Audio Downloads (Phone / Tablet Compatible), Physical CDs, Combination Versions.