The origin of consciousness is one of the great unanswered questions of our time. Although science has yet to come up with a definitive explanation, it is clear that we can raise our own state of consciousness. What, then, is the best method for doing this? Meditation.
By making you, in a very real sense, more conscious of the world around you, meditation does many things — heightens your awareness, deepens thought levels, boosts sensory perception, increases stimuli processing capability, not to mention a limitless number of other emotional, psychological, and physical benefits. Here are 5 things to understand about how meditation affects your consciousness:
1. Meditation teaches you to live in the present. Have you ever witnessed something magnificent while another observer completely missed it? It happened to be that you were completely aware of what was going on, while the other person was simply not present. This lack of awareness is how most people live their lives. Without being completely aware of the world, the beauty within it can easily be missed. The solution to this is to become more aware and conscious of what is going around you, things you may have previously ignored. Meditation is the key to unlocking this magnificent new awareness.
2. The mind is constantly and compulsively churning. Constant thoughts and chatter fill the mind, and the more you feed that chatter the louder it becomes. The mind seems to always want more; it is always looking to grasp something that is ‘out there.’ Most people live their lives with an outward focus, yet they neglect the rich world that exists within. By constantly identifying with the minds chatter, restlessness and boredom are the results. The solution is to become fully conscious of your mind, in meditation, taking time every day to enjoy the silence and stillness within.
3. Under all of the mind’s noise is a quiet place. By training your mind, in meditation, to be highly-conscious of just one thing — such as deep controlled breathing, great things begin to happen. Like what? The mind becomes more tame. Incessant mind chatter slows to a halt. And an incredible new mindful awareness will permeate your day to day activities. A tranquil mind is a recipe for a happy, full life.
4. Harnessing and focusing the mind changes everything.
Would you like to have incredible control over your emotions and feelings, something that the majority of people in the world lack? By meditating consistently you will find that you are the true authority over your thoughts and impulses. It will become clear that you are not your mind and you are not your thoughts. They are tools for you to use, not the other way around. The concept of self releases, followed by a deeper understanding of the mind and how it functions. Once you experience this knowing, an enlightened state of consciousness is sure to follow.
5. Meditation affects the consciousness in a scientifically measurable way. While scientists do not yet fully understand the true origin of consciousness, many agree that it can be measured within the brainwave patterns of the individual. For example, theta and delta brainwaves become more prominent as you go deeper into meditation. In these states you can have a number of different experiences, like inspirational flashes of creativity, recall long forgotten memories, and becoming aware during and control your dreams (lucid dreaming). The truth is, within this realm, science is barely scratching the surface, it will be exciting to see what comes over the “meditation consciousness research” horizon in the next few years.
Discover the world’s most powerful meditation system: Get started with EquiSync®
Learn about the limitless benefits of meditation, & how precisely designed brainwave technology (EquiSync) helps enable a deep, super-pleasurable, extremely beneficial state of meditation quickly, safely, & easily. Upgrade your life.
Learn how brainwave patterns affect your mental & emotional health, awareness, & mind state. See to what degree EquiSync beneficially influences your brainwave patterns, plus the basic differences between the 3 programs. Charts included.
Whole Brain Synchronization
Meditation works to balance your left & right brain hemispheres, resulting in what doctors call “whole brain synchronization”. In turn, you tap into a host of amazing benefits: more creativity, faster learning, better emotional health, & more. Upgrade everything. See charts.
Build 9 Key Brain Regions
Deep meditation upgrades 9 key brain regions. The result? So many benefits: great sleep, more happiness, deeper learning, better memory, higher IQ & EQ, less stress, more success, just to name a few. Change your brain, change your life.
With monumental health implications, meditation has been proven to naturally boost many of your body’s chemicals: GABA, Endorphins, Serotonin, & more, while lowering the stress hormone Cortisol. The benefits are staggering.
The power of your subconscious & unconscious mind are incredible. Here, we show you the vast benefits waiting under the surface, and how meditation is the best way to dive in, explore, and harness your deep mind. See detailed chart.
When it comes to what the human body “can” and “can’t” do, a revolution is well underway. From extending life, to conquering “unconquerable” diseases, to rewriting genetic code, meditation’s latest scientific findings are incredible. Become superhuman.
Why is meditation such a powerful anxiety reliever? From building neurotransmitters, to quieting mind chatter, to cooling the amygdala, this highly in-depth article discusses why anxiety is no match against meditation.
Known as the world’s happiest people, scientists love studying meditators’ magnificent brains. From transforming psychology, to fully rewiring thought, to massively upgrading physiology, here we discuss why meditation dominates depression.
Even if you get the recommended eight hours each night, you may not be sleeping deeply enough to fully recharge your battery. Here, we discuss why so many of us have insomnia, and why meditation is the best solution to sleeping like a log.
Why don’t meditators have addictions? From urge surfing, to masterfully dealing with stress, to uprooting deep seated emotions, to giving us a natural high, to unplugging naturally, here we discuss why meditation eradicates addiction.
Understand the incredible degree to which mindfulness upgrades your body’s stress response, effectively making you immune to anxiety, depression, addiction, and more. What is the secret to reaching deep, highly beneficial meditation? EquiSync.
Through a process called “Neurogenesis,” doctors have discovered that our brain’s “neuron count” is not set for life. Meditation’s well-proven ability to generate a “neuron fortune” has massive implications & big benefits.
Brain Power, Memory, Focus
Did you know that your brain power, intelligence, and memory can be dramatically upgraded, no matter who you are? Here, we discuss why scientists keep studying the marvelous meditating brain, and how you too can tap these awesome benefits.
Looking for a different meditation benefit? No problem. Here, we have compiled more than 141 benefits of meditation, with links to detailed articles. No stone went unturned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about EquiSync’s brainwave powered meditation system through our users most frequently asked questions (FAQ). Very helpful.
Happy EquiSync® users send us their testimonials every day, we have posted a small sample here. Just the tip of the iceberg!
All Formats Available: Audio Downloads (Phone / Tablet Compatible), Physical CDs, Combination Versions.