Immune Brain Chemicals: How Meditation Boosts DHEA, Melatonin, GH
Infused Health: 3 Key Meditation Chemicals: Melatonin, GH, & DHEA
If you are looking for a supercharged immune system, then boosting these three brain & body chemicals will do the trick. Luckily, meditation boosts them all.
Meditation Chemical #1 — Growth Hormone: Swim In The "Fountain Of Youth"
When you were a teenager, Growth Hormone fueled your growth spurt. Unless you are the world's tallest man Robert Wadlow, your GH levels are nothing like they were during puberty. Today, GH's main job is to keep your tissues young, strong, and healthy.
Like all good things coming to an end, this super chemical has a shelf life. As Father Time takes his toll, our pea-sized pituitary gland slowly shuts down its growth hormone factory, laying off more workers every year.
Perhaps the greatest reason for age related frailty, less GH means weaker bones, weaker muscles, weaker heart, along with poor mood, poor motivation, poor energy, and extra body fat. Getting old is the best.
With so many clear benefits, it is easy to see why the rich and famous spend $1000+/month supplementing with this fountain of youth chemical.
No under the radar prescriptions, no shady doctors, and no fly-by-night clinics — meditation's growth hormone elevating magic works naturally.
With an emphasis on immune system related benefits, here are some of the many things GH can do:
- Helps recover from illness.
- Reduces infection.
- Fortifies the immune system.
- Improves allergies.
- Overcomes chronic illness of all types.
- Beats auto immune disorders.
- Promotes cellular growth.
- Is approved by the FDA for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Enhances myeloid progenitor cells.
- Modulates Cytokine Response.
- Boosts HIV specific T-cell response & maturation.
- Elevates immune re-builders (CD4 & CD8).
- Helps fight pathogens & infection (especially in the elderly).
- Speeds up protein synthesis.
- Especially helpful in chronic diseases like lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc.
Meditation Chemical #2 — Melatonin: Become A Master Of Sleep
Since the dawn of man, our biological clocks have been set according to Earth’s natural cycles of light and dark.
The problem is, with work days lengthened by ever-advancing technology, our days have nudged ever further into the night. We need night to be healthy, cutting it short is not cool.
With excessive light as melatonin's #1 foe, this superhero immuno-chemical is getting siphoned off by screen addiction (among other reasons).
Manufactured in the pineal gland, melatonin is known to help and/or prevent over 100 diseases, including cancer. Like a tube of Colgate toothpaste, slowly squeezing this stuff out of our system is not a good thing.
Luckily, scientists have discovered how to keep a full tank. One research study found that, during meditation, melatonin levels were boosted by an average of 98%, with many participants seeing 300% gains!
Indeed, meditation is the smart man’s way of rebalancing biology. Here are a few things melatonin can do:
- Is necessary for deep, regenerative sleep.
- Helps ADHD (attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder) & ADD.
- Regulates healthy menstrual cycles & helps PMS.
- Minimizes bone loss.
- Low levels are linked to prostate cancer.
- Is a powerful antioxidant.
- Stimulates white blood cells.
- Attacks cancer cells.
- Is used as complementary treatment for many cancer types: breast, brain, lung, prostate, & stomach.
- Counters chemotherapy side effects: weight loss, depression, & frailty.
- Helps tinnitus, Alzheimer’s, depression, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches, IBS, & more.
Meditation Chemical #3 — DHEA: Live Long & Prosper
One 12 year study looked at DHEA levels for 240 men aged (50-79 years). What did they find? Put simply, the more of this stress counterpuncher that you have, the more years you have left.
So, like an hourglass, our DHEA levels dwindle away, bit by bit — with each lost sand grain dropping our disease defense shield a notch or two.
Luckily, meditation flips that hourglass upside down. One study by Dr. Vincent Giampapa, M.D., former President of the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine and now a well-known longevity researcher, found that meditators were shown to have 43.77% more DHEA than common folk.
If you are looking for a big and strong immune system, here are some of the many health benefits of this longevity molecule:
- Increases bone density, especially for women during menopause.
- Alleviates depression.
- Helps weight loss.
- Normalizes adrenal gland function.
- Improves lupus (SLE).
- Helps sexual function, libido, & erectile dysfunction.
- Protects against age-related physical function.
- Slows brain aging.
- Slows HIV progression.
- Improves cervical cancer.
- Helps chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Helps insulin resistance, obesity, & cholesterol.
- Improves blood vessel function, prevents blood clots.
- Combats diabetes.
- Alleviates addiction.
- Minimizes age and disease related bone loss.
- Improves lupus, asthma, hives, eczema, and pneumonia.