How Meditation Boosts DHEA, Melatonin, & Immunity
Infused Health: 3 Key Meditation Chemicals: Melatonin, GH, & DHEA
If you are looking for a supercharged immune system, then boosting these three brain & body chemicals will do the trick. Luckily, meditation boosts them all.
Meditation Chemical #1 — Growth Hormone: Swim In The "Fountain Of Youth"
When you were a teenager, Growth Hormone fueled your growth spurt. Unless you are the world's tallest man Robert Wadlow, your GH levels are nothing like they were during puberty. Today, GH's main job is to keep your tissues young, strong, and healthy.
Like all good things coming to an end, this super chemical has a shelf life. As Father Time takes his toll, our pea-sized pituitary gland slowly shuts down its growth hormone factory, laying off more workers every year.
Perhaps the greatest reason for age related frailty, less GH means weaker bones, weaker muscles, weaker heart, along with poor mood, poor motivation, poor energy, and extra body fat. Getting old is the best.
With so many clear benefits, it is easy to see why the rich and famous spend $1000+/month supplementing with this fountain of youth chemical.
Thankfully, you don’t need to be a movie star to turn back the clock — numerous studies have found meditation to be a powerful GH booster. Perhaps this is why they live such long, happy lives?
No under the radar prescriptions, no shady doctors, and no fly-by-night clinics — meditation's growth hormone elevating magic works naturally.
With an emphasis on immune system related benefits, here are some of the many things GH can do:
- Helps recover from illness.
- Reduces infection.
- Fortifies the immune system.
- Improves allergies.
- Overcomes chronic illness of all types.
- Beats auto immune disorders.
- Promotes cellular growth.
- Is approved by the FDA for HIV/AIDS patients.
- Enhances myeloid progenitor cells.
- Modulates Cytokine Response.
- Boosts HIV specific T-cell response & maturation.
- Elevates immune re-builders (CD4 & CD8).
- Helps fight pathogens & infection (especially in the elderly).
- Speeds up protein synthesis.
- Especially helpful in chronic diseases like lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, etc.
Meditation Chemical #2 — Melatonin: Become A Master Of Sleep
Since the dawn of man, our biological clocks have been set according to Earth’s natural cycles of light and dark.
The problem is, with work days lengthened by ever-advancing technology, our days have nudged ever further into the night. We need night to be healthy, cutting it short is not cool.
Staring at our iPads, iPhones, and MacBooks every waking hour, plus the 3am bathroom email refresh, has unbalanced our biology in many unpredictable ways.
With excessive light as melatonin's #1 foe, this superhero immuno-chemical is getting siphoned off by screen addiction (among other reasons).
Manufactured in the pineal gland, melatonin is known to help and/or prevent over 100 diseases. Like a tube of Colgate toothpaste, slowly squeezing this stuff out of our system is not a good thing.
Luckily, scientists have discovered how to keep a full tank. One research study found that, during meditation, melatonin levels were boosted by an average of 98%, with many participants seeing 300% gains!
Indeed, meditation is the smart man’s way of rebalancing biology. Here are a few things melatonin can do:
- Is necessary for deep, regenerative sleep.
- Helps ADHD (attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder) & ADD.
- Regulates healthy menstrual cycles & helps PMS.
- Minimizes bone loss.
- Is a powerful antioxidant.
- Stimulates white blood cells.
- Counters chemotherapy side effects: weight loss, depression, & frailty.
- Helps tinnitus, Alzheimer’s, depression, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, headaches, IBS, & more.
Meditation Chemical #3 — DHEA: Live Long & Prosper
Known as the "longevity molecule," doctors often use DHEA as a kind of "true age" measuring stick, a far more accurate way to count your tree-rings than chronological age.
One 12 year study looked at DHEA levels for 240 men aged (50-79 years). What did they find? Put simply, the more of this stress counterpuncher that you have, the more years you have left.
So, like an hourglass, our DHEA levels dwindle away, bit by bit — with each lost sand grain dropping our disease defense shield a notch or two.
Luckily, meditation flips that hourglass upside down. One study by Dr. Vincent Giampapa, M.D., former President of the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine and now a well-known longevity researcher, found that meditators were shown to have 43.77% more DHEA than common folk.
If you are looking for a big and strong immune system, here are some of the many health benefits of this longevity molecule:
- Increases bone density, especially for women during menopause.
- Alleviates depression.
- Helps weight loss.
- Normalizes adrenal gland function.
- Improves lupus (SLE).
- Helps sexual function, libido, & erectile dysfunction.
- Protects against age-related physical function.
- Slows brain aging.
- Slows HIV progression.
- Helps chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Helps insulin resistance, obesity, & cholesterol.
- Improves blood vessel function, prevents blood clots.
- Combats diabetes.
- Alleviates addiction.
- Minimizes age and disease related bone loss.
- Improves lupus, asthma, hives, eczema, and pneumonia.
Using safe and highly effective sound technology, all EquiSync programs are designed to carefully ease the listener's brainwaves into a state of deep meditation, opening the door to the ancient mind practice's limitless benefits much faster than the traditional route. You can learn more about how it works from the links below:
While we have outlined one basic philosophy / form of meditation in the links below, if you already have a proven meditation technique — then we encourage you to combine & enhance it with our audio technology. EquiSync uses sound to deepen the meditative state no matter your chosen technique.
How can meditation benefit your life? Our highly referenced, highly backlinked "benefit of meditation" articles are known for their in-depth research & inspirational tone. A few good reads are linked below: