“If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”-Dalai Lama
Can you imagine how much better the world would be if we all put ourselves in other people’s shoes more often? The truth is, greater compassion and empathy benefits everyone, especially you.
What are empathy and compassion?
Empathy is an understanding and feeling of another’s emotions as if they were your own – “feeling at one” with how another person feels. Compassion, a higher level emotion which requires wisdom, is empathy without being overwhelmed by the other person’s feelings. Empathy precedes compassion, but having both (especially compassion) can beneficially transform your life.
Before we tell you the secret to boosting your compassion/empathy, it is important to understand the benefits:
• You learn from other people’s experiences, as well as your own.
• Build better rapport, with more natural interest in other people.
• Strengthen your trust of others and their trust for you.
• Easier to make new friends, have better relationships.
• People are more forthcoming and open with you.
• Creates better collaboration and teamwork when solving problems.
• More natural respect for everyone.
• Every social interaction becomes an opportunity to learn and grow.
• Greater spiritual growth and a more fulfilling life.
• Deeper perspective into other people’s points of view.
• More understanding of yourself and others.
• Strengthen emotional intelligence.
• Boost overall happiness.
• More personal and professional success.
Why do so many people today lack empathy and compassion?
All of the busyness we see in the world today, internet, TV, computers, cell phones, while in some ways better connect us – have really taken us away from our innate empathic ability. A bombardment of stimulus can really desensitize the average person, disconnecting them from the source field uniting all of us.
What is the secret to boosting my empathy and compassion?
Meditation. Here are 4 reasons:
1. Meditation tends to evoke feelings of love, oneness, and understanding. One of the world’s greatest astronomers, Carl Sagan, was quoted as saying “We are all made of the same star stuff”. By recognizing the divine love and connection that we all share, it is often easier to just naturally have empathy for another being when you recognize that he is you and you are him.
2. Meditation activates the “compassion” area of the brain. Neuroscientific researchers from Mount Sinai Medical Center in NY have discovered that, when brain scanned during meditation, the “empathy” area of the brain (anterior insular cortex) lights up significantly. Highly compassionate Buddhist monks have long known this for thousands of years, confirmed by western science.
3. Meditation increases “self-awareness” and “other-self awareness”. By calming the nervous system and expanding your inner awareness, meditation makes you become more aware of your emotions, allowing you to take notice when you experience emotions that don’t necessarily belong to you.
4. Meditation strengthens your connection to the unified field. Perhaps the main reason most people lack empathy today is a disconnection from “source” energy, the scientifically proven quantum field connecting everything and everyone, including you (all points in time and space are connected). Meditation allows you easy access to your subconscious mind, where the quantum is waiting to be tapped into for a limitless number of benefits, including the boosting of empathy and compassion.
Access the limitless benefits of meditation quickly, safely, and easily: Get started with EquiSync®
Learn about the limitless benefits of meditation, & how precisely designed brainwave technology (EquiSync) helps enable a deep, super-pleasurable, extremely beneficial state of meditation quickly, safely, & easily. Upgrade your life.
Learn how brainwave patterns affect your mental & emotional health, awareness, & mind state. See to what degree EquiSync beneficially influences your brainwave patterns, plus the basic differences between the 3 programs. Charts included.
Whole Brain Synchronization
Meditation works to balance your left & right brain hemispheres, resulting in what doctors call “whole brain synchronization”. In turn, you tap into a host of amazing benefits: more creativity, faster learning, better emotional health, & more. Upgrade everything. See charts.
Build 9 Key Brain Regions
Deep meditation upgrades 9 key brain regions. The result? So many benefits: great sleep, more happiness, deeper learning, better memory, higher IQ & EQ, less stress, more success, just to name a few. Change your brain, change your life.
With monumental health implications, meditation has been proven to naturally boost many of your body’s chemicals: GABA, Endorphins, Serotonin, & more, while lowering the stress hormone Cortisol. The benefits are staggering.
The power of your subconscious & unconscious mind are incredible. Here, we show you the vast benefits waiting under the surface, and how meditation is the best way to dive in, explore, and harness your deep mind. See detailed chart.
When it comes to what the human body “can” and “can’t” do, a revolution is well underway. From extending life, to conquering “unconquerable” diseases, to rewriting genetic code, meditation’s latest scientific findings are incredible. Become superhuman.
Why is meditation such a powerful anxiety reliever? From building neurotransmitters, to quieting mind chatter, to cooling the amygdala, this highly in-depth article discusses why anxiety is no match against meditation.
Known as the world’s happiest people, scientists love studying meditators’ magnificent brains. From transforming psychology, to fully rewiring thought, to massively upgrading physiology, here we discuss why meditation dominates depression.
Even if you get the recommended eight hours each night, you may not be sleeping deeply enough to fully recharge your battery. Here, we discuss why so many of us have insomnia, and why meditation is the best solution to sleeping like a log.
Why don’t meditators have addictions? From urge surfing, to masterfully dealing with stress, to uprooting deep seated emotions, to giving us a natural high, to unplugging naturally, here we discuss why meditation eradicates addiction.
Longevity, Life Extension
Not only do meditators often look decades younger than their actual age, but they also live much longer lives. Here, we take a look at the most fascinating age defying studies making news headlines, and how meditation freezes father time.
Why are meditators so often slim & trim? It’s because the weight loss benefits of meditation are nothing short of incredible. Here, from a variety of angles, we discuss how meditation can propel anyone to their ideal body.
Brain Power, Memory, Focus
Did you know that your brain power, intelligence, and memory can be dramatically upgraded, no matter who you are? Here, we discuss why scientists keep studying the marvelous meditating brain, and how you too can tap these awesome benefits.
Looking for a different meditation benefit? No problem. Here, we have compiled more than 141 benefits of meditation, with links to detailed articles. No stone went unturned.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about EquiSync’s brainwave powered meditation system through our users most frequently asked questions (FAQ). Very helpful.
Happy EquiSync® users send us their testimonials every day, we have posted a small sample here. Just the tip of the iceberg!
All Formats Available: Audio Downloads (Phone / Tablet Compatible), Physical CDs, Combination Versions.