Key Scientific Findings of Meditating Monks’ Brains
The Meditating Monk's Incredibly Powerful Brain
Did you know that researchers find the brains of longtime meditating Buddhist Monks to be extremely fascinating, highly significant, with monumental implications in the field of neuroscience?
Its true. In addition to many other studies, in 2008, New York University (NYU) neuro-scientific researchers MRI imaged the brains of over 20 Buddhist monks during meditation, with captivating observations.
What are some of the findings of these and other researchers?
Well, the list is long, but here are a few:
• Meditation can beneficially change the inner workings and circuitry of the brain, better known as "Neuroplasticity".
• The happier parts of the brain (prefrontal cortex) were far more active.
• Their brains tend to "re-organize", which means they feel a sense of "oneness" with the world around them.
• The brainwave patterns of the Buddhist monks were far more powerful, implying a higher level of external & internal thought.
• Their brains had enhanced focus, memory, learning, consciousness, and "neural coordination".
• The monks had no anxiety, depression, addiction or anything of the sort.
• And this is just the tip of the iceberg, the benefits of meditation are limitless…
In short, the Buddhist monks brains were physically and functionally superior than those without meditation experience. Researchers believe that meditation changes the brain in the same way exercise changes the body.
Using safe and highly effective sound technology, all EquiSync programs are designed to carefully ease the listener's brainwaves into a state of deep meditation, opening the door to the ancient mind practice's limitless benefits much faster than the traditional route. You can learn more about how it works from the links below:
While we have outlined one basic philosophy / form of meditation in the links below, if you already have a proven meditation technique — then we encourage you to combine & enhance it with our audio technology. EquiSync uses sound to deepen the meditative state no matter your chosen technique.