“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” —Mahatma Gandhi
Would you like to live a long, happy, and fulfilled life? Perhaps the most important thing you can do is forgive the unforgivable.
While the person who wronged you may not deserve to be forgiven for the heartache and grief they caused you, your mind, body, and soul deserve to be free of hatred, anger, pain, and hurt. Likewise, if it was you who caused the pain, self-forgiveness is just as important.
Before we tell you the secret to letting go of the past, it is important to understand some basics:
What is forgiveness?
Forgiveness is a release & letting go of a past hurt or resentment. A deliberate conscious act that comes completely from within, forgiveness does not require justice or an apology, while releasing all energetic debt between the people involved.
How can forgiveness positively impact my life?
• Often the first step toward healing.
• Helps you accept the shadow side of humanity: shines light on the dark.
• Releases you from the past and allows you to be present in the here and now.
• It can mend old friendships.
• Holding on to grudges causes stress, leading to a myriad of emotional/physical problems.
• Is of paramount importance in almost all spiritual traditions, particularly Christianity.
• Feel more freedom, as you are no longer holding on to the negative feelings toward yourself and others.
• It can open you up to more love and light.
• When you accept the flaws within others, you accept the flaws within yourself.
• Feel lighter from the cathartic release of emotional burden.
• Dramatically improve your physical, emotional, and spiritual health.
What is the very best forgiveness tool?
Meditation. By quieting your mind and opening yourself up to the divine awareness of the present moment, meditation gives you a powerful sense of clarity and realization of the bigger picture. As meditation clears all your mental/emotional negative energy, you begin to feel an abundance of love in your life, making you let go of the past quickly and easily.